Become acquainted with filter systems to remove N and P out of water.
How do they work ? How efficient are t hey? Is agricult ure ready for it ?
- 09:30 – 10:00: Registration and coffee
- 10:00 – 10:15: Introduction to the NuReDrain project
- Charlotte Boeckaert (VITO)
- 10:15 – 10:30: A bucket versus inline filter to remove P from drainagewater
- Stany Vandermoere (Ghent University) & Kristine Bolte (LWK)
- 10:30 – 10:45: The challenge to keep big flow s of w ater free of algae
- Rika Jenne (De Watergroep)
- 10:45 – 11:00: Removal of particulate and dissolved P from runoff water
- Gosw in Heckrath (Arhus University)
- 11:00 – 11:15: A moving bed bioreactor for biological N removal from drainagewater
- Pieter Van Aken (KU Leuven)
- 11:15 – 11:30: Nutrient removal at a floristry
Els Pauwels (PCS Ornamental Plant Research)
- 11:30 – 11:45: N removal by means of a transportable wetland
Sascha Kochendörfer (OOWV)
- 11:45 – 12:00: Zero Valent Iron filter for N and P removal
Hans Christian Hansen (Copenhagen University)
- 12:00 – 13:00: Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:00: Parallel session
- (1) Recovered P as fertilizer
During this session the fate of saturated filter material will be discussed. Can it be reused as a fertilizer? Is pretreatment needed? How to organize this on (inter)national level?
- (2) Filters in a catchment: models simulate the outcome
Are nutrients mainly derived from agricultural activities? Which improvements can be obtained in an entire catchment w hen filter systems are being applied? Which type of agricultural waters should be treated first to accelerate ameliorated surface w ater quality.
- (3) Implementation guidelines: how to prevent algae blooms in the North Sea Region?
How are different countries organized to combat excessive nutrient inputs? Which mitigation measures are accepted and implemented? Can forces be joined to fasten up the good status of European w ater bodies.
- 14:00 – 16:00: Field visit
Transfer to Putte to visit a P and N removal system on drainage water.
Date and Time
Thursday 9th of May 2019 - 09:30 – 16:00
Attendance to the NuReDrain Workshop is free.
Participants from abroad can get 1 overnight stay and travel ex penditures refunded by the NuReDrain project.
For registration, click here
Het evenement zal georganiseerd worden in Antwerpen. De locatie zal later worden meegedeeld.
The event w ill be organized in Antwerp, Belgium. The venue will be confirmed later on.
Stéphanie De Man
+32 56 24 12 61
Invitation Nuredrain stakeholder event 9 mei 2019